Friday, September 18, 2015

The Scholastic Book Box is HERE!

Yesterday afternoon our 1st Scholastic book box was delivered. Thank you so much to all who ordered. I want to share with you the books that our class received (because of your orders), how they will be used in our classroom, and why I chose the books I did.

The Books:


How They Will be Used:

The books that were ordered will have two different purposes. One is to put them into the classroom library. The second is to use then for instruction. The two dog and cat books below for example, will be used to teach fiction and non-fiction. The crayon book will be used during writer's workshop. 



 Why These Books:

When looking at a book order I try to select books that are high interest for the kids. For the classroom library I look for books that will appeal to all students. The most popular right now are Fly Guy, Splat the Cat, Lego, Star Wars, and puppy books. For instruction I look for books that will match up with our curriculum. For example I will use the ocean book during our habitat lessons.









No comments:

Post a Comment