Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Questioning - Good Night Gorilla

One of my all time favorite books to teach with at the beginning of 1st grade is Good Night Gorilla. I use it to teach many things including, reading pictures, questioning, making predictions, and much more. We have already read/watched it a few times this year. This week we re-watched it focusing on asking questions. Some of the questions the kids and I had were as follows:

What didn't the zookeeper hear the keys rattling when the gorilla took them?
How can the elephant fit in that cage?
Why is the mouse hanging from a balloon?
Why did he let out the lion when he could eat him?
I wonder why the animals had stuffed animals in their cages?
I wonder why the armadillo had a pacifier?
I wonder why the gorilla let all the animals out?
I wonder they followed the zoo keeper?

This year Beckett is even dressing up as the gorilla for Halloween. :) Below is a picture and a YouTube reading of the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment